What better way for your students to learn about the natural world around them then to experience it first hand. With 360 Discovery Cruises you have the opportunity to make this a possibility.
Students, primary and intermediate, will go home at the end of the day inspired to be conservationists, marine biologists, environmentalists and so much more, after spending the day on Tiritiri Matangi Island or Motuihe Island with 360 Discovery. With packages specifically developed and tailored for primary and intermediate aged children, a day trip to Tiritiri Matangi or Motuihe will compliment your school syllabus wonderfully.
Is your school decile 1 - 6? We encourage you to apply for sponsorship through the 'Running Events Tiritiri Matangi Growing Minds Programme'. More information here.
Get your students out of the classroom, and up close and personal with one of the world’s most successful conservation projects - Tiritiri Matangi. See some of New Zealand’s most endangered birds and rare wildlife in the open sanctuary.
Guided walks provide expert commentary and lend context to both animal life and the historical and archaeological features of the island, these walks can also be tailored to cover conservation studies.
Why let the kids have all the fun! This package is a must. Bring a picnic lunch and soak up the sun on some of the most beautiful beaches Tiri has to offer.
Tiritiri Matangi Island highlights
- Close up viewing of rare and endangered bird species including the Takahe and Kokako.
- An optional guided walk (1.5 hours) covering the island history and identification of bird species and their behaviours.
- Stunning views across the Hauraki Gulf.
- Maori pa remnants at the island’s northern end.
- Visitors centre with informative displays about the island’s history and wildlife.
- A curio shop selling high quality clothing, pottery and books.
|Pier 4, Auckland||9.00am||4.50pm|
|Tiritiri Matangi Island||3.30pm|
Our school group packages including a guided walk and discounted ferry fares are available from Wednesday to Friday during the school term.
Please contact Elaine Kellett on 09 367 9111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Motuihe flourishes with native flora and rare and endangered birdlife thanks to the restoration efforts of the Motuihe Trust and Department of Conservation. It has a colorful history of Maori and European influences; remnants of pa sites, European farming settlements, prisoner of war camps, and ruins from the old naval base can also be freely explored; this all makes for an exciting and adventurous day out for young and old.
Guided nature and heritage tours are also an option and can be arranged through the Motuihe Trust.
Student activities could include:
- Tree Planting
- Weed Busting
- Beach Combing
- Observe the Bird & Plant life
- Explore the Island and take in some history.
Please contact Elaine Kellett on 09 367 9111 or email email@example.com.
- Plenty of water & liquids
- A good sized packed lunch (there are no shops on Tiritiri Matangi Island or Motuihe Island)
- A sun hat and sun screen
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Swimwear, a towel and a warm change of clothes
- A light rain jacket (snacks, drinks, tea and coffee can be purchased on the vessel)
Your school trips must be pre-booked in order to receive the school rate. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Elaine Kellett on 09 367 9111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We require a 50% non-refundable deposit to secure your booking and the balance of the payment is due seven days prior to travel.